As part of its annual Graduation Ceremony, the NGA this year is organising a Writing Competition, open to anyone, anywhere in the world! If you have a passion for writing about Assyrians, then we want to hear from you! So how do you enter the Writing Competition? Here are the simple rules…
- The competition will involve 3 different categories of participants: 1) Under 12’s; 2) 12-19 year olds; and 3) Over 20’s.
- One winner will be selected from each of the categories of participants by a panel of judges, depending on the quality, originality, breadth and depth of the piece of work submitted. Each winner shall receive a gift as a trophy of their success.
- The work submitted must be on a topic pertinent to the Assyrians. You choose what angle you want to take, whether it be Assyrian language, literature, history, religion, politics, etc. You name it!
- All work submitted must be no longer than 2500 words, and, wherever possible, accurate references and a bibliography must be provided. Failure to abide by these rules will be taken into consideration by the panel of judges when judging the best piece of work for each age group.
- Unfortunately, all works must be submitted in English only, as works in Assyrian or other languages cannot be judged by all the judges on the panel.
- All pieces of work must be sent to the NGA at firstname.lastname@example.org together with the author’s name, age, address, location, telephone number and valid e-mail address. The NGA will not be able to accept your work without these details.
- The closing date for all essays is 19th August 2005 and we cannot accept anymore essays after this date.
- All essays successfully submitted to the competition and considered by the panel of judges shall be included in a booklet of the competition, containing all of the works submitted in it, and sold at a later date. As such, it should be stressed that all essays submitted for the literature competition are the property of the New Generation Assyrians.
The names of the winners shall be announced at the NGA Graduation Ceremony and Party 2005, which is scheduled to take place on the 27th of August at the Assyrian Club, London, United Kingdom and in front of the UK’s Assyrian community. For more information regarding this event please visit our website at ngauk.com
Come on! Teach us something new and win a prize for it!